Monday, January 22, 2007

1.4 A moment in the past

When the first of April was around the the corner I couldn't wait to go ride my dirt bike. When I was young my family lived out in the country. My dad wouldn't let my brother and I ride our dirt bikes until April because the ground was to wet. The day finally came and I am so excited. Early in the morning we were up before my dad and got dressed on our riding gear and the bike didn't start. I spent like three hours trying to get it to start even though I had no idea what I was doing. Finally I started the mini bike. I rode around and around the yard. I rode for what it seemed like forever and loved every minute of it. This was one my favorite times of the year, after chirstmas ofcorse. This is still my favorite past time although the bike and I have grown.


-I think I would have tried to make it flow better if I had to read this outloud and maybe write slower so that all the sentances make sense. I think that this writing experience let me reflect on a very fun time of my young life and helped me free my mind of trying to write perfect and just write what comes to mind.


- As i look back on the moment, I now realize that I can fast write. Before I thought that I needed to anylize every sentance after I write it. now it is easier for me to find things to say when I free my mind and let the words just come out. I think that this tecnique will help my overall writing and not make me as stressed about writing papers.

- When I looked back on my fast write and found significant passages I found that the fast write was easier to write than the paragraph that followed. there was more direct thought about the thingsi said. This took me more time to think about what I am going to write.

No comments: