Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Argument
An argument that stands out in my mind is when the snow melted in spring my dad wouldn't let us ride our minibikes until June because he said that the ground was to wet and we would rip up the lawn. My argument was that we wouldn't rip up the ground and it was dry for a whole month before June. I was probably like 10 when this argument happened and there after until I was like 15 when I just went out on the motocross bike anyway. I was really mad at the time because that is all I waited for all winter was to ride around and hit jumps. Right now I probably wouldn't act the exact same way, I understand now why he wouldn't let us rip up the grass. Now I would just go somewhere else and tear up some other persons grass. Because it wouldn't be worth my time to argue. I agree with Tannen, she depicts our culture just as I see it. Everyone is so sue happy these days. Frivolous law suits are filed everyday waisting time and money. The people in my culture are very argumentative especially the older people. They stood up for their rights and everything back in their day and still voice their opinions today. For such things as health care and school funding. I feel that everyone should use there voice in arguments and some people should keep their mouths shut when they don't know all the facts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment